Benefits of Drinking Water First Thing in the Morning!
Drinking water regularly is important to keeping your body healthy and the mind mentally clear. Our physical body is made up of 70% water, so just this fact alone should be the biggest reason why you should be replenishing yourself with plenty of water first thing in the morning and throughout the day.
Our body requires water and other bodily fluids to function. Dehydration happens when the body has a water deficit. This means you are using or losing more bodily fluids than you intake therefore causing hydration.
In this blog post, we will discuss how drinking water first thing in the morning can help you avoid dehydration to keep your body healthy and clear minded!
Start the day right!
Filling up yourself with water first thing in the morning can have many benefits physically and mentally. Especially for the immune system, the first glass of water will clear away any toxins in the lymphatic system. A healthy lymphatic system will support a healthy immune system preventing you from easily getting sick.
Drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach will also improve your digestive system by purifying your colon. Your first glass of water will relieve your organs from toxins and if you are on a diet, this can increase your metabolic rate by enabling absorption of nutrients quicker.
It has been proven that drinking a glass of 500ml water first thing in the morning can help with the production of new blood cells. Red blood cells are produced at a faster rate, improving energy levels while cleansing all the toxins built up overnight. Eliminating toxins from your body will improve skin quality and helps with blood circulation.
Why you should drink water first thing in the morning?
Here are some key factors why you should drink water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and throughout the day:
- Drink water first thing in the morning to energize your body and mind
- Drink water first thing in the morning will clear the stomach and balance the lymphatic system. Especially after sleeping and without consuming any water for many hours.
- Drinking a glass of water before breakfast helps regulate blood sugar levels
- If you are hungry, drinking a glass of water will limit your appetite preventing you from eating unhealthy snacks
- The brain needs plenty of fluid to function efficiently and by drinking plenty of water, it will help with mental focus and clarity
- Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will help improve metabolism and cleansing of unwanted toxins
- Staying hydrated throughout the day will help you maintain stamina and improve energy levels
Hydration is key
Water is essential for keeping the body hydrated. Drinking enough water is essential in maintaining the human body functioning as it needs 70% of fluids just for survival, so don't forget this fact! Dehydration occurs when there is a lack of fluids in your body which can lead to many health problems such as headaches, dry skin or even high blood pressure. Make sure you stay dehydrated by starting off with a glass of water first thing every morning and throughout the day.
Simple habit to stay hydrated
Use a reusable water bottle and put it next to your bed, so you can start your day with at least 500ml of water each morning. You can check out our unique eco-friendly Insulated Bamboo Reusable Water Bottle in our online store. If you're looking for an environmentally friendly way to hydrate yourself while reducing waste from single-use plastic bottles, we recommend checking out our previous blog post “A Simple Habit to Replace Single-Use Plastic Bottles” for more inspiration and ideas.